We're Hiring Alchemists
Dream job alert! Want to use your natural gifts and strengths as a communicator of numbers by supporting our clients in the transformation of their relationship with money every day, and creating accurate, detailed financial records that you know will change their life?
Great. Then read on!
Do you wish you could get paid to spend your days chatting with people on Zoom and Slack, sending little voice memos and answering questions, opening up conversations, and genuinely getting to know people’s dreams, desires, and challenges in the financial house of their business?
We are a fast-growing company, focused on helping impact-driven coaches and consultants streamline and improve the financial house of their business so they can remove themselves from the day-to-day tasks, focus on their clients and the growth of their business and maybe even take a vacation!
We are hiring an Alchemist, someone who LOVES numbers and is a fully qualified bookkeeper, to support, engage and connect with our clients while helping them transform their relationship with money.
Are you an Alchemist?
- You’re the type of person that just understands numbers and knows how having this information can change your life...you want to tell all your friends why they need to know their numbers and answer all their questions so they can see how they can grow their wealth!
- You know that support is serving - especially when you’re talking to clients and helping them to understand the financial house of their business. The thrill of supporting gets you jumping out of bed in the morning! And you don’t mind answering those Slack messages or emails that come in hot and heavy sometimes!
- We’ll set you up with our existing clients, you will perform superior bookkeeping services and connect with them on zoom every month. You will also ensure that they are supported by other members of the team - you aren’t in this alone.
- You’ll be helping our clients choose to transform their relationship with money, grow their business and set themselves free from the weight of stress, anxiety and overwhelm. Supporting is simple when you are enrolling people into a service that genuinely helps people. All you have to do is have genuine, supportive conversations and create accurate, detailed financial records.
Let's get the bad news out of the way first.
- The hours can be flexible but they need to be consistent. Our clients are relying on you, so this is a long term gig - don’t apply if your looking for a stop gap of work. If you’re looking to squeeze out more work next to your other 5 clients, then this is no longer the “coolest” job ever, it just became the “suckiest” and isn’t a good fit.
- We’re looking for someone who can join the team with these part-time to full-time hours, but feel like this is their full-time home, and this is NOT a fit for someone who is looking to build their own business/coaching practice.
- Review points 1 & 2.
Now let's talk about the good stuff!
- Our office is virtual...which means you can wear yoga pants, pajamas, or a costume. Really the idea is that you can wear whatever you want. Just think of the amazing money you’ll be saving on ‘work clothes’ and the time in the morning that you won’t have to spend on travel and clogging your pores with makeup. We only ask that you’re available for our weekly team meeting.
- The work is fun, fresh, and dynamic. You will be working directly with our team and clients.
- We’re not big on stress. So, while we will expect you to work efficiently and get things done, we focus on open communication and getting things done right the first go around. We’re not big on double-checking your work or having a bunch of back and forths just to get a task done. Your work will be double checked, but we’d really rather not.
- The hours are super flexible + we support families. We will work with your schedule to get a routine that works for you and your life. Our preference is that you’re within 3+/- hours of Pacific Time zone as our company operates in PST.
- You will experience things, do things, grow and make decisions on things that no typical bookkeeper role would ever allow you to do.
- You’ll have a ton of autonomy, we encourage your intrapreneurial drive. There will be lots of opportunities to bring your ideas to the table and boss us around when you need us to get things done. Seriously -- we want you to take charge and be creative to get the results! Be a problem solver, don’t wait for problems to be solved.
- You don’t have to run your own business! Maybe you’ve been around that block, and it wasn’t for you. Now you can have all the benefits of supporting people to create their dream businesses that provide freedom, without all the headaches + expenses of actually building your own empire. It’s like the best of both worlds! You don’t want the pressures of marketing + growing your own business.
Alchemist: Overview of the position
The Alchemist is the superstar responsible for all personal, high touch communication with clients through zoom, email, Slack and the good old fashioned telephone.
- You’re fired up about our mission to help coaches and consultants transform their relationship with money because more money equals more impact - and we care about IMPACT. We believe that removing them from the day-to-day finances improves their quality of life, allows them to grow + develop, creates the space for the business to grow + earn more...and gives them the space they need to create a life they enjoy waking up to. Because when we grow + scale businesses, entrepreneurs have the power to be more generous, decide where they spend their money + truly change the world.
- You will be communicating with our clients, community + the team. So, you need to enjoy talking with people and giving/getting direction, and be able to do it with love, compassion and empathy...even if you’re having a shit day. High emotional intelligence is vital to this role, as is the ability to have difficult conversations from time to time.
- You are the ruler of Slack - sending messages that support the client and team.
- You are highly organized, always remember everyone's name, and you love being of service. You know that our customers' lives are 1000x better when they have our support and enroll in our services, and you are here to serve them.
- You are meticulous in your work. We’re looking for someone who understands the difference between efficiency and productivity and gets shit done. (Oh and we occasionally swear during zoom meetings…not much (that may or may not be true)…but sometimes a joke is only funny with an F-bomb).
- You share our company values. We are actively investing in and working to build an equitable, inclusive, anti-racist company from the inside out. We encourage you to apply ONLY if you share those values.
In short, your job is to help us in any way you can drive our mission forward + continue to improve the experience and results for our clients. And to have fun at work, lots of fun (who wants a job that isn’t fun?!?).
But what I don’t expect is perfection for you to qualify for this job. Tools are teachable, but we do expect you to have a solid understanding of the online business world and a keen interest in transformative coaching. We expect intelligence, energy, organization, resourcefulness and a get it done attitude.
To learn more about the company, check out our website.
- Creating accurate, detailed financial records utilizing Quickbooks Online.
- Thorough understanding of sales taxes and payroll.
- Communicating with clients via Slack, email, Zoom and telephone.
- Check-in with and engage clients every 30 days minimum
- Keep detailed notes in our client tracking system
- Report on any trends you are noticing in responses that could inform our marketing or messaging
- Answer all questions about the finances of the client’s business
- Use both voice memos and text-based messaging to communicate with client.
- Have conversations, learn about our customers, and leave them with an amazing experience so they feel seen, heard, and understood
- Track all metrics and report to the team weekly
- Build out a library of resources
- Identify clients who are not a fit and kindly let them management know
- Maintain an intimate knowledge of current clients, where they are in the process, and their situations
- Know our services inside and out and be able to answer any question about what’s included, what the outcomes are, what the bonuses are, the support that’s included, etc
- Know our proven results inside and out and be able to share relevant case studies and testimonials as they relate to each client you are speaking to
- Keep a log of all questions you encounter and your responses to build up our question library
- Become an expert in our software so you can navigate our systems easily.
Ultimately we will train you thoroughly on the details of our services and strategies - but you’ll already be equipped with a positive attitude and a true passion for supporting people to achieve their goals!
- Be exceptionally confident in financial knowledge and numbers
- Be highly organized, detail-oriented, with a love of developing new systems and processes.
- Be excellent at managing ongoing conversations with multiple people at once.
- Have high emotional intelligence and be able to listen to, support, and encourage others.
- Experience supporting clients with the financial house of their business (bookkeeping)
- You hold a conversation with ease, grace, calm, and certainty, without ever seeming pushy or overstepping.
- Your passion for supporting comes from knowing how powerful the transformation they will receive in the service is.
- You are excited to become immersed in our business so you can answer any question or hesitation easily and accurately
- You are a people person, positive vibes, high energy, always sounds genuine and approachable on video, text, or voice memo
- You take direction and are coachable and ready to be trained in our unique system for supporting clients
- Available to work Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM Pacific. (You don’t necessarily need to be in Pacific Time Zone, but a willingness to operate predominantly in these hours is key!)
*Please note, this role is very unique in that questions are happening all the time - including nights and weekends! You may come in on a Monday and have 100 emails in your inbox! We are seeking someone who is hungry and energized to go the extra mile with this role.
We will train you on the Alchemy system, so don’t worry if you don’t know the ins and outs of that yet, but we are looking for someone who is passionate about the work we do and continue to improve how we deliver that work and at the same time, a highly qualified bookkeeper.
This job description is not all-inclusive and certain activities, duties, or responsibilities may be required of the employee as needed.
We will likely get a lot of applications for this role and we simply don’t have time to interview that many candidates, so make this stand out if you want a job that will change the entire trajectory of your life.
If this is a job that gets you so excited that you would even do it for free, we would totally accept that offer from you. But if you prefer compensation and phenomenal benefits (and we totally get it…we prefer getting paid as well) this is what we offer:
- The rate for this role starts at $20/hr plus bonuses, with room to grow as you grow and add more value to the company and our clients.
- This is a part-time or full-time job. Part-time means a minimum of 16 hours a week.
- This is a virtual role, so you can work from wherever is most comfortable -- but we’d prefer someone who is within 3 hours +/- of the Pacific Time zone.
In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow systems and processes. In fact, just to prove that, when you apply for this position you must use the secret subject line for the email -- it must include “I am an Alchemy fanatic”. Yep, that’s our little trick to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from the folks (that’s you) who are truly interested in this position.
We are looking to bring our new colleague on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in abilities and culturally.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the secret subject line.
We can’t wait to meet you!